The role of organizational structure refers to the set of functions performed by an employee within his or her responsibilities. Each role can be assigned a specific set of SharePoint permissions.
Creating a role
Roles in the organizational structure can be created both within departments and without reference to departments.
To add a new role to the organizational structure without linking to a department (functional role), go to the «Roles» mode and click the «Create Role» button:
In the open form, fill in the required details «Login Name», «Title», «Code» and without filling out the «Department» requisite, click the «Save» button.
You can also specify the roles in the columns «Assistant Role» and «Delegate Roles», after which associative relations between them and the new role will be established.
The created role will appear in the hierarchy of the organizational structure after saving:
To add a new role to a specific organizational unit of organizational structure, go to the «Department» mode, select the required department in the general hierarchy and click the «Create a role» button:
- The role added to the unit may be indicated as a guideline for the unit. To do this, you must select a role in the «Manager role» requisite in the department card.
- The manager role is involved in the workflow of documents in the System when assigning tasks to heads of departments.
- When creating a new role, it checks the uniqueness of the account within the site collection.
- The value of the «Login Name» attribute can be generated automatically. To do this, set the flag «Generate».
- When specifying a role in the «Manager Role» requisite, the new role becomes a child in relation to the specified.
Editing Role Information
To edit a role, go to the hierarchy view of departments or roles of the «Оrganization structure» section, select the role in the hierarchy tree and click the «Edit» button.
In the form that opens, make changes and click «Save».
When the value of the «Manager role» attribute is changed, the role moves to the corresponding node of the organizational structure along with its child roles.
Deleting a role
To delete a role, go to the hierarchy view of divisions or roles of the «Оrganizational structure» section, select the role in the hierarchy tree and click the «Delete» button.
If the parameters of the organizational structure indicate the need to confirm the deletion of a role, a window will appear with the corresponding request. In the window that opens, click «OK»:
When a role is deleted, all subordinate roles move to the root of the tree.