ZForms for Office 365
- Create your first form
- Get value out of the fields and controls
- Build expression with the reference to the other field(s) value
- Check if the value of a field is empty
- Make user redirect to the URL
- Fill in current user in User/Group fields by default
- Get user name or id
- Compare user values
- Check current user for SharePoint Online user group membership
- Compare dates
- Limit the number of symbols in text field
- Get value of lookup field
- Set default value for the field
You may use form editor to manage layout and behavior of the form.
Editor page is divided into sections:
- Fields and controls;
- Form layout;
- Properties panel.
When the editor opens, the form layout area is selected. You may change form title in the properties panel.
Command buttons in editor:
- Delete (enabled if any object on the form is selected);
Fields and controls section contains data source fields grouped by type. Drag and drop the fields and controls to the form layout. Fields added to the form become marked with grey dot at the left fields panel. Drag and drop the field or control back to the left panel to remove it from the form.
When a data source field is placed to the form, the control of its type is also added to the form.
If a field is deleted from the data source, the control connected to this field will be highlighted on the form. You must either connect it to another field or remove it from the form.
When form is created it contains the following controls by default:
- Tabs (one tab is created by default);
- Navigation groups (one group is created by default).
Fields on the form are arranged in columns and rows (one-row grids). Each row contains 6 columns (cells) by default. Each cell can contain several controls. If you drag and drop a control between two rows, above the rows or below the lowest row, the new row will be created.
List of controls:
- Checkbox – can be connected to «Yes/No» fields.
- Choice – can be connected to «Choice» and «Multichoice» fields.
- Data source – allows to show items from data source on the form.
- DateTime – can be connected to «Date» and «DateTime» fields.
- String – can be connected to «String» fields.
- Text – can be connected to «Html» and «Text» fields.
- Number – can be connected to «Number» fields.
Form layout area contains fields, command button, and controls that compose layout of the form.
Behavior of each field and control on the form can be customized in the properties panel.